**NEW PIX**
🍑 ATF LOLA@12
🍑 Sexy ISABELLA@NOW

Sponsored Ads

Sign in to follow this  
linda

I Hate Asking For any advice

91 posts in this topic Last Reply

I live behind the nature reserve, my back yard faces it, at my private home in boca, NOT MY INCALL...I have a 30 pound bobcat living behind my house he ate 2 of my cats, and I afraid he get my little dogs, I had call wild life control They told me to get a big dog or a donkey Or Flashing lights!!! Fine if I live on a farm ..., I call my hoa, I had call 15 places no one can help me, This monster is coming out during the daytime and mostly at nite...I hear him around 4am-6am making a loud screaming nosie...,I call an animal trapper 300.00 and that is not guaranteed they told me..i cannot shoot it, cause its an endanger animal..So what the hell do I do??? I afraid to leave my dogs out now, I have a 6 foot fence but this thing jumps it...I keeping the dogs in and shut the doggie door He smells prey and hanging around...I was told even if you relocate him , he will find his way back!!!, Any advice would be appreciated..kisses sexxylinda

Edited by linda

You could rent a large Havahart trap from the Humane Society and catch him yourself, then call animal services to pick him up. Last time I rented one it was a $75 donation to the Society and I kept it for a week and trapped the 4 Opossums that were in my attic..Good luck !!

I was told that they don't rent out cages that big for a bobcat I try that..i was on the phone all day ..I was told to put vinegar around my property line..Which that is just as worst as the donkey thing..Hoa told me to call the police..this is the dumb shit I been going thur

Edited by linda

I would conduct a stake out in my backyard wearing one of these. Kill him on your own property. Self defense. Get your story straight and do not waver. Good luck.

Night vision goggles would be helpful too. There's also a lot of choices in pellet guns with those Co2 canisters. Relatively quiet.

I know someone who routinely takes shots at large birds of prey with one of these, not so much to kill but to discourage so he moves on. The element of surprise may discourage him. He's more scared of you.

Lighting that is activated by any movement could e useful too.

post-67337-0-22005400-1485050849_thumb.jpg

post-67337-0-80476100-1485050857_thumb.jpg

post-67337-0-62055200-1485050881_thumb.jpg

Edited by BdDave

Thank you, What do I put in it to get him in there?? What type of food??? And after I get it where do I take this thing..scare to death of a wild animal..,

Edited by linda

Thank you, What do I put in it to get him in there??

Got any more cats? BellyLaugh2.gif

I'm just kidding, go with BDD's advice. Use a suppressor to limit the sound. Bag the fucker up after you kill it and send it out with the next trash pick up.

Thank you, What do I put in it to get him in there?? What type of food??? And after I get it where do I take this thing..scare to death of a wild animal..,

The cage thing probably will work just be prepared to be catching some opossums and raccoons along

the way as well.

Edited by DeeFLDee

If you can, use some raw meat. I hope this helps.

I had a feral cat attacking my cats. I bought a trap at Harbor Freight. I tried tuna and canned cat food, and it worked great. I caught the neighborhood lady raccoon and some possums, but that damn cat could get in and out the trap without tripping it. All of this over a span of maybe three weeks.

Then I put in some catnip tied to the roof over the trip mechanism, and in 45 minutes, I had my cat. I guess that professional trappers use it. I don't know if Harbor Freight has a big enough trap for a 30-pound critter, but if they do, that'll work. Don't put out poison since that usually backfires and kills anything that eats it.

Good luck.

Got any more cats? BellyLaugh2.gif

I'm just kidding, go with BDD's advice. Use a suppressor to limit the sound. Bag the fucker up after you kill it and send it out with the next trash pick up.

I would suggest that she gets a male friend to handle that. Nothing worse than a wounded cornered cat.

Get some raw meat, lace it with rat poison and leave it out for the bobcat.

That was my first thought, but she has already told to many people about the situation. The endangered species part is a problem. Maybe she can call a lawyer to threaten a lawsuit on the HOA. The cat needs to be relocated. If it shows back up after the dust dies down. KILL the mofo in secret

That was my first thought, but she has already told to many people about the situation. The endangered species part is a problem. Maybe she can call a lawyer to threaten a lawsuit on the HOA. The cat needs to be relocated. If it shows back up after the dust dies down. KILL the mofo in secret

She can still do the raw meat. Good chance the cat's body will never be found and if it is they probably won't do an autopsy. Even if they do and determine that it was meat laced with rat poison, she will be a prime suspect but they can't prove anything.

Another thing you can do is shoot the cat broadside through the belly with a 22. It will run off pretty far away before it dies.

Edited by walkertee

https://www.animalcontrolsolutions.com/florida/miami-animal-removal.html

http://sflanimalremoval.com/

the bobcat must have a food source close by or it would not be hanging around

make sure your dogs are secure

then

buy some de-con rat poison and mix it up with hamburger meat

maybe do it twice...the bobcat will be gone soon enough

The animal control links are a great idea and they can likely help you.

The rat poison - not so much. Great potential for all kinds of unintended consequences with real liabilities.

Discharging a firearm within city limits (and I don't know where you live) could be a felony firearm offense---really bad idea. Unincorporated, county (is there any of this area left in SoFla?) is more flexible in regard to firearm use.

That bobcat is the top predator in his feeding range, has already harvested/depleted all his natural/normal food sources and now has no choice but to "urban/suburban" hunt. This animal is a very efficient/adaptable hunter, being that he can no longer feed in the pine hammock (park), he has adapted to hunting where food is available---your yard.

This is not a FL panther, it is not an endangered species.

IMO, Brothersam's suggestion is the best course of action, ONLY with total secrecy. Be aware if there is one bobcat, there is most likely others of the same group.

Edited by IAMINTHEMOOD

Use a crossbow to kill it . Swift Silent and deadly more effective hit broadside than a firearm as the arrow is designed for the target to hemorrhage or bleed out very quickly.

thank you everyone for your advice, I got a trapper coming tomorrow , if that don't work , getting a german shepherd. But Could use more advice on why I should paid for this..when this animal is on state property....this is that bobcat right behind my fence..this was taken at 11:30 am!!!! today!!!! I live in Boca

bobcat.jpg

bobcat 2.jpg

Edited by linda

It should be mentioned that this is a living breathing animal that is only doing what it instinctively see's fit for it's survival. 

When you think about it for a minute, it is WE that imposed on it's territory. Linda is doing the right thing. The poor little cat is just trying to survive. I hope they put it in a better place. Before SHE has to.

Squirt some pepper spray into her eyes.

Tell a Korean restaurant owner of her "availability".

Amazon sells this thing called Coyote Urine Granules. I bought a can once to keep out raccoons and it didn't work, don't know if it would work with bob cats.

Edited by foreverOrange

Well this living poor thing has eaten 3 of my cats one that I had for 12 years..and another one that was still only 5 months old..the other one I wasn't to fond of..But if these trappers cant get him..I going to go a different direction..,I cannot have him living by my house...and living off of mine pets or anyboby elses in my neighborhood..He is beautiful thou..But he a hunter for domestic animals!!!! And needs to be taken away..to hunt for  wild life....

thank you everyone for your advice, I got a trapper coming tomorrow , if that don't work , getting a german shepherd. But Could use more advice on why I should paid for this..when this animal is on state property....this is that bobcat right behind my fence..this was taken at 11:30 am!!!! today!!!! I live in Boca

OMG, she is beautiful

Squirt some pepper spray into her eyes.

Tell a Korean restaurant owner of her "availability".

Amazon sells this thing called Coyote Urine Granules. I bought a can once to keep out raccoons and it didn't work, don't know if it would work with bob cats.

THAT could work !!! Let us know where they are serving it up. Armadillo and racoon is as far as I have gone into the exotics

My concern is that this animal is visible.  Bobcats are going to be around, they are in regular neighborhoods, even ones without nature preserves. They typically leave pets and people alone because they are cautious and shy animals. I had one haunting my yard in a former home.  I kept all the trash tightly sealed, supervised my dog when he was in the yard, and kept the hose hand with a spray head set to the strongest single stream. Every time I saw that fucker, he got shot with water.  Added a motion sensor light system to the back yard too. Eventually he went and bothered somebody else.

Back up plan - pit bull.

Edited by Cubone

I had one haunting my yard in a former home.  I kept all the trash tightly sealed, supervised my dog when he was in the yard, and kept the hose hand with a spray head set to the strongest single stream. Every time I saw that fucker, he got shot with water.  Added a motion sensor light system to the back yard too. Eventually he went and bothered somebody else.

Back up plan - pit bull.

Great, a potentially rabid Pit Bull. There has to be a way to trap and evaluate this potentially dangerous animal. Rats and Opossums don't carry rabbies, Bobcats DO.

Btw, it wood be dead on arrival in MY backyard. Just like my neighbors dog. 8P

Edited by thirstynhowl

The poor thing is just trying to survive in whatever is left of his natural habitat that someone invaded (more than likely all of us), and if he had a choice, he would order takeout or home delivery.

Unfortunately, he has no friends and you have plenty.

He needs to find an alternate source of food, but poisoning him for being himself is cruel and inhumane.

It should be mentioned that this is a living breathing animal that is only doing what it instinctively see's fit for it's survival.

When you think about it for a minute, it is WE that imposed on it's territory. Linda is doing the right thing. The poor little cat is just trying to survive. I hope they put it in a better place. Before SHE has to.

This is the first reasonable reply. What do you expect when you buy a house that borders a state wildlife refuge. With the privacy and beauty comes the issues and concerns of the wild life.

Domestic cats are no match for a wild cat and should be kept indoors. To many cat owners like to let there cats out to roam free and they should not be permitted to do so as this is one of the tragedies that happens to them. . Also that fence is not keeping anynthing in or out of your yard.

The poor thing is just trying to survive in whatever is left of his natural habitat that someone invaded (more than likely all of us), and if he had a choice, he would order takeout or home delivery.

Unfortunately, he has no friends and you have plenty.

He needs to find an alternate source of food, but poisoning him for being himself is cruel and inhumane.

Yeah, I say get a small dog from the pound and let him run around in the back yard. Shoot it when it attacks the dog. Don't miss.. YEE HAW

Take charge of your property. Shoot it. Spray it with mace. I would terrorize the bastard. He'd be quickly disposed of. Government is worthless. Big mistake asking for help.

Your seriously scared of a 30 pound cat?

This is the first reasonable reply. What do you expect when you buy a house that borders a state wildlife refuge. With the privacy and beauty comes the issues and concerns of the wild life.

Domestic cats are no match for a wild cat and should be kept indoors. To many cat owners like to let there cats out to roam free and they should not be permitted to do so as this is one of the tragedies that happens to them. . Also that fence is not keeping anynthing in or out of your yard.

I am in total agreement......and while I am a cat guy, and certainly feel Linda's pain, if she lives in West Boca up against a nature preserve, I hope she realizes that her community is imposing on the bobcat's natural territory, not the other way around, and is only following it's instincts.

It's nothing personal......just nature doing a natural thing.

I hope she can trap it, and perhaps somehow get it to the Bush Wildlife Sanctuary up in Jupiter so it doesn't have to needlessly be destroyed.

Fingers crossed.

I agree that this fence is a useless fence, but that what the H.O.A wanted..if it was me, it would been a wooden one...I live here since 2005 never had this..and my cats stay in my yard..he jumps over the fence to get them, they like to sit on the patio outside..and been doing this for years!!! Yes I scare of a 30 pd cat, with long teeth and claws..,i watch some videos on bobcats they are nasty ...when they are corner...I been reading up on them too...

Edited by linda

It looks like he's staying where he is when you took these pics. In other words, he's not running away when he sees you. It doesn't look like he's afraid of you. That's usually an indication that some meathead (pun intended) humans are feeding him.

if the other suggestions don't appeal to you then I would write a letter (registered with return receipt) to your HOA and the FWC (and any other official person or entity you can think of) explaining how the bobcat is not afraid of humans. For alligators this is usually enough to classify it as a nuisance and will be trapped. Hopefully, the bobcat will be classified as such by the FWC. Sending the letter this way may light a little fire under their ass to do something. And in your letter to the HOA you should demand that they notify all residents to not feed the bobcat and that they should take corrective action (explain that the whole community is in danger from this bobcat).

Good luck!

I see that is not afraid of humans, but I also have 3 small children living in my house that are scare to play in the backyard...

I'm not sure if you're understanding my main point - him not being afraid of humans makes this a bigger problem.

Linda,

As an animal lover I am torn between the sympathy I feel for the loss of your beloved pets and the beauty of a wild animal trying to survive in an area that we have encroached on.  Please do not try and kill him or poison him.  I would obviously only let your animals out while you are with them, if at all, until he has relocated on his own or by the use of traps.  A big dog would definitely keep him away but that is not a viable solution unless you want another pet.  Did you call the Wildlife Care Center in Fort Lauderdale (954) 524-4302 for advice?

Linda,

As an animal lover I am torn between the sympathy I feel for the loss of your beloved pets and the beauty of a wild animal trying to survive in an area that we have encroached on.  Please do not try and kill him or poison him.  I would obviously only let your animals out while you are with them, if at all, until he has relocated on his own or by the use of traps.  A big dog would definitely keep him away but that is not a viable solution unless you want another pet.  Did you call the Wildlife Care Center in Fort Lauderdale (954) 524-4302 for advice?

Was going to avoid commenting as Linda seems to have handled the issue.

I do agree with OW that the animal is just trying to survive.

As stated he is on a Nature Reserve it is the community that has infringe into it's natural hunting range.

Butt I do understand that is a different argument.

And not a potential solution.

Shooting it is really not for the unqualified to attempt.

injure it and then anyone of your neighbors or their children might become a target.

Poisoning it might be effective butt again loads of potential for collateral damage to other wildlife and domestic animals also. So Poisoning it is very questionable "solution".

2 potential ways to handle the problem is contact Flaming Gardens in Broward county as they currently have a Bobcat display and the cat is solo. And it might work a solution for you.

Another way is talk with a farm supply store. They might be able to advise you to hire someone who could install an electrical top wire to your fence facing the preserve. If your fence is HOA maintained perhaps your community would set aside funds to the whole length of preserve fencing bordering your community.

If it is state or fed owned ask them to set the fencing.

( I seem to recall that african tribesman did the same to control "Big Cats" and it worked for them.)

Sample

or maybe even

Good luck on resolving issue

Dome

Edited by Dome

ok the traps are out and plenty of good food in them..no poison ..I wouldn't do that since I am very much so an animal lover myself...the trapper will relocate him, if caught...so far noting..I look up the laws, and talk to a lot of state people on this... YOU ARE NOT ALLOW TO KILL OR POISON A BOBCAT!!! IF you do  a big fat fine or even prison... YOU MUST GO WITH A CERTIFIED LICENSE TRAPPER COMPANY, I did call my H.O.A , they are sending out emails to all the neighbors,and will reimburse my money,...THIS IS CONSIDERED AN ENDANGER SPECIES,IN FLORIDA...I will keep you posted if it get caught in the trap...The TRAPPERS USE TUNA FISH AND CAT FOOD.. IF this food does not work I put in bloodly fresh ground meat.. He is a beautiful animal thou.....thank you all for your advice..,

Edited by linda

Linda, the trap may end up luring a possum or raccoon, and a raccoon caught in the trap finally lured the bobcat to come kill and eat it. I hope the trap is big enough for two or the bobcat may be able to back out of it.

Edited by foreverOrange

yes it pretty big, well if it does I caught two...animals...doing what the law requires...I have to check every 24 hrs on the traps..If the trapper has to come everyday to check ..it 75.00 every time he comes

I'm not suggesting you solve your problem by killing it but the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission just published their "Florida's Threatened and Endangered Species" list earlier this month. The only felid on it is the Florida panther. There are other reasons that you may get fined for killing a bobcat but it's not because it's endangered.

Linda, the trap may end up luring a possum or raccoon, and a raccoon caught in the trap finally lured the bobcat to come kill and eat it. I hope the trap is big enough for two or the bobcat may be able to back out of it.

If he catches a coon, I want the coon dick. They make for great tooth picks. The meat is kinda greasy tho, kinda like cat.

If he catches a coon, I want the coon dick. They make for great tooth picks. The meat is kinda greasy tho, kinda like cat.

I will take the hide and tail. Need me a Daniel Boone coon skin cap.

Yea coon is greasy but when slow roasted it is pretty tasty

Edited by akitaken

its protected by the wildlife..i had soo many people telling me stuff..i am a city gal not a country gal..no idea on wild animals...doing the best I can on this..

I had a problem with raccoons killing my chickens. I thought about trapping them but ultimately at the end of the day it is easier to shoot them and put them out with the garbage. If there was a bobcat in my yard, I would shoot it and not think twice. It is awful that you can't enjoy your back yard....

I didn't read everybody else's post because they were all very similar. I work in mainly residential real estate and what you really have is a health and safety issue that the HOA needs to acknowledge and dust you with and not blow you off. Bobcats carry rabies and I have seen them attack people. It is not your job to trap or kill the bobcat. You need to approach this a different way and if you would like some help I would be happy to help you.

Xo

Hugs!

Heather Austin

I didn't read everybody else's post because they were all very similar. I work in mainly residential real estate and what you really have is a health and safety issue that the HOA needs to acknowledge and dust you with and not blow you off. Bobcats carry rabies and I have seen them attack people. It is not your job to trap or kill the bobcat. You need to approach this a different way and if you would like some help I would be happy to help you.

Xo

Hugs!

Heather Austin

thank you hun..I did show the pics to the H.O.A they are brushing it off like no big deal..i call everyone except god, to help me..,NO ONE, !!!

I am on my own a busty blonde that don't KNOW SHIT ABOUT WILD FRIGGING ANIMALS!!! I am a Philly girl we don't have bobcats in the heart of philly...maybe in the country of pa..but not where I grew up.. I was so desperate I went to dicks sporting goods just for some advice in the hunting section...They told me to go to publics to get fresh chicken heads,and put them in for bait...I caught 3 mean possums and my finger so far in the trap!!! My finger hurts

Edited by linda

Go to Walmart. Pick up one of these. It's a pellet gun. Perfectly legal to discharge for the disposition of undesirable critters and varmints on your property.

I have this brand. Crosman . But not this model. Enjoy target practice with a live moving target.

My best friend he shoots water rats and feeds them to his geese. I had rats that tried to move in to my yard. I killed a lot and the rest got the message and took a hike. My Squirrels would watch as I fired over their heads. They were tired of being robbed by rats.

post-67337-0-78781900-1485464548_thumb.jpg

Edited by BdDave

I am going to try the chicken heads and buy some fresh whole fish split it open that the guts  hang out!!! and put it all in   the trap!!! I see what happens, plus I putting egg shells around the trap also..If this don't work, than putting this house up for sale!!!

O.K. This is all very funny-- EXCEPT  --  for the rabies issue!!  This can be very dangerous to pets and God awful for humans!!  We  -- humans "stink"{ and if the bobcat smells us} they usually leave, but not this feline so that is my worry.  do TAKE CARE .

thank you but it sounds like you know as much as I do...I still going at it..i got chicken feet chicken livers, and chicken hearts..see how that goes..i did catch a raccoon ,he like when I was doing baby talk to him , trying to calm him down when I opened the trap to let him out..,this is all new to me...and scary.. these things they hiss at you,.i do wear heavy gloves by the way..i don't want the trap to get my scent.. not bad for a city gal..i learning to be a trapper

Edited by linda

Be very, very careful with raccoons. Gloves aren't enough protection. A trapped frightened enraged raccoon can literally tear you to pieces. I'd let the trapper handle them, if you don't have a way of opening the trap and releasing them at a safe distance.

Edited by nIceGi

http://m.bugspray.com/templates/mobile/facade_transcoder_iframe.php?u=%2Farticle%2Fbobcat.html&lang=en#how-to-repel-a-bobcat-off-your-property. I found theres some helpful info on this site. To trap you might need bobcat urine or lure. To naturally get rid of them using a sound repel system mimics cougar hiss. Cant be heard by humans and affordable. Theres also motion sensor water sprayer which detects movement and blasts them. I really dont know what the plan is once you catch it or where youre gonna take this thing. Good luck!

I have used the motion sensor water spray method on shitty neighbor. Very effective! You can purchase it at Northern tool company, very affordable. It's battery operated but you need to attach your garden hose. Good luck...

http://m.bugspray.com/templates/mobile/facade_transcoder_iframe.php?u=%2Farticle%2Fbobcat.html&lang=en#how-to-repel-a-bobcat-off-your-property. I found theres some helpful info on this site. To trap you might need bobcat urine or lure. To naturally get rid of them using a sound repel system mimics cougar hiss. Cant be heard by humans and affordable. Theres also motion sensor water sprayer which detects movement and blasts them. I really dont know what the plan is once you catch it or where youre gonna take this thing. Good luck!

Wouldn't sound repel scare the shit out of her little dogs?

Wouldn't sound repel scare the shit out of her little dogs?

So I read a little more. Your pets will be able to hear it but because the machines are very specific for certain animals it shouldnt affect them. A house cat may be similar to bobcat and might be upset by the same sounds so best to read more about that before purchasing one.

another pic..starting to feel like that old movie if you remember the predator...afraid to go out to my back  yard!!!

Any outdoor house cat owners know that stalking is in a cat's nature. Of course, when a bobcat is doing the stalking, it's a real threat, especially to your pets.

This cat is not too afraid to approach in the daytime. I like the pellot gun and cross bow ideas.

Seems like you already hired help. But if you decide to take matters in your own hands, if you spend time in your patio for wine or cigarrette breaks, keep the weapons handy. And don't be shy about doing it in plain sight, so the bobcat associates you with the threat of injury/death. After a few stings/near misses, it could scare it off, if you don't injure first.

It looks like he's staying where he is when you took these pics. In other words, he's not running away when he sees you. It doesn't look like he's afraid of you. That's usually an indication that some meathead (pun intended) humans are feeding him.

if the other suggestions don't appeal to you then I would write a letter (registered with return receipt) to your HOA and the FWC (and any other official person or entity you can think of) explaining how the bobcat is not afraid of humans. For alligators this is usually enough to classify it as a nuisance and will be trapped. Hopefully, the bobcat will be classified as such by the FWC. Sending the letter this way may light a little fire under their ass to do something. And in your letter to the HOA you should demand that they notify all residents to not feed the bobcat and that they should take corrective action (explain that the whole community is in danger from this bobcat).

Good luck!

If FWC doesn't act and until you find a better solution, the least you can do is progressively condition the bobcat to fear you by shooting at it (1. cross bow 2, pellet gun 3. water hose gun - if you have sufficient water pressure). 

God it gets worst everyday!!!! NOW I HAVE A FUCKING COYOTE!!! I feel like I am living in the woods than Florida...never had this before...been here for 12 years, they are building up west boca, and these wild animals are being push into the residential areas....I call the wild life and fish , they are so worthless...One of my neighbor stop me today told me he had a coyote in his yard!!! And he lives 4 houses away!!!! Anyone wants to hunt, well I have plenty to hunt right out my back door in Boca yet!!!

I live behind the nature reserve, my back yard faces it, at my private home in boca, NOT MY INCALL...I have a 30 pound bobcat living behind my house he ate 2 of my cats, and I afraid he get my little dogs, I had call wild life control They told me to get a big dog or a donkey Or Flashing lights!!! Fine if I live on a farm ..., I call my hoa, I had call 15 places no one can help me, This monster is coming out during the daytime and mostly at nite...I hear him around 4am-6am making a loud screaming nosie...,I call an animal trapper 300.00 and that is not guaranteed they told me..i cannot shoot it, cause its an endanger animal..So what the hell do I do??? I afraid to leave my dogs out now, I have a 6 foot fence but this thing jumps it...I keeping the dogs in and shut the doggie door He smells prey and hanging around...I was told even if you relocate him , he will find his way back!!!, Any advice would be appreciated..kisses sexxylinda

I'll catch that bob cat lol

If it's still around GT time, with your permission I'll try :wink: (I gott traps...now that I've been living in N FL for 10 years,,,we hunt hogs with dogs and hunting knifes ... :ph34r: ) For fun :biggrin: seriously pm me if you need help. I've always wanted to catch a wild cat :batting eyelashes:

Hope you are otherwise well!

Love

xxx

Jinni

:Rose:

God it gets worst everyday!!!! NOW I HAVE A FUCKING COYOTE!!! I feel like I am living in the woods than Florida...never had this before...been here for 12 years, they are building up west boca, and these wild animals are being push into the residential areas....I call the wild life and fish , they are so worthless...One of my neighbor stop me today told me he had a coyote in his yard!!! And he lives 4 houses away!!!! Anyone wants to hunt, well I have plenty to hunt right out my back door in Boca yet!!!

When I lived up north we had Coyotes around all the time. You could hear them howling most every night. No fences were allowed where I lived unless it was for your horse and around your stable etc...  We had all kinds of things that came out after dark up there. It was common practice to spray the perimeter of our property with ammonia to keep critters at bay. Most people did it when they cut the grass...... For the most part it worked rather well.

I would suggest you stop putting any food out at all your inviting them to dinner. Then..........

Go to home depot and get a one gallon sprayer (the kind you put weed killer in)  and some plain NON-sudsing ammonia and lot's of it. I think they used to dilute it 50/50 with water. Spray the ground heavily with the ammonia on HIS side at least 3 or 4 feet of the fence or as far as you can reach.  They cant stand the stench ammonia and it should deter your pesky friends and hopefully make them relocate. It might work on the first try but you might have to do it everyday for a while....it's worth a try. A pain in the A$$ to do, but cheap and no one gets hurt :)

Be warned though...... certain types of ammonia will kill or turn the grass brown. At this point though if it were me I wouldn't be concerned with a bit of brown grass. I know there were certain types of ammonia we used but don't recall the name now sorry. But it was over the counter basic ammonia. It's worth a shot.

Good luck.

Edited by DeeFLDee

Why don't you just make friends with the fuckin thing. Introduce it to your cats and dogs and feed it. Teach it to harass any neighbors that you don't like. Its a cat, a pussy, use it to set up threesomes. This is known as living in harmony with nature.

I love being ignored! Anyway, I actually live and work mostly in Arizona and once the neighbor put antifreeze in meat to kill the coyotes and killed my cat Molly instead. She went into cardiac arrest and died a horribly painful death in less than an hour.

As for the Bobcat, google the City of Cottonwood AZ and Bobcat. I live in Sedona Az and the town to the west of me is Cottonwood. It made national news when a rabid Bobcat entered a full bar and attacked people, biting a few of them.

So my recommendation is what I posted earlier before you kill someone's pet that they love trying to rid yourself of coyotes and bobcats or expose yourself and/or others to rabies. But what do I know?... Actually, more than you realize. Btw, coyotes will go after small animals and babies if they are hungry enough but they are rarely seen prowling around in the day time. At my house in Arizona, I can hear them celebrating their kills howling all night.

Edited by Heather Austin

Have you tried calling Ron Magill at the Miami Zoo? When I worked there, he used to go out and nab critters that people had worries about. Don't know if he still does it, but maybe he can steer you to some who will. Just a thought...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/public-safety/day-3-zoo-is-suspending-its-search-for-missing-bobcat/2017/02/01/992e735a-e88a-11e6-80c2-30e57e57e05d_story.html?hpid=hp_hp-more-top-stories_ollie-615a%3Ahomepage%2Fstory&utm_term=.42d92ace3018

Have you tried Pesky critters 

https://www.yelp.com/biz/pesky-critters-wildlife-control-palmetto-bay

From the business
Specialties

Don't let nuisance animals ruin your day. Pesky Critters is prepared to service your animal removal needs, 24/7. That's right, we are there when you need us the most! Owner Todd Hardwick is a Florida native who is a nationally known nuisance animal control expert with over 30 yrs experience. He has appeared in and consulted many different media outlets including Animal Planet , The New York Times , and The PBS Channel . He has also appeared on the Tonight Show with both Johnny Carson and Jay Leno. Dateline NBC , The Today Show , Good Morning America and hundreds of other shows have also called upon Todd for his expertise. Mainly serving Miami-Dade, Broward and Palm Beach Counties. Pesky Critters uses humane traps and tranquilizers to capture exotic animals alive and unharmed.

:LMAO:  :LMAO:  :LMAO:  :im Not Worthy:

Yes Mr Spock! Your point is?

:Hug:  :Hug:  :Hug:  :Bring It On:  :Bring It On:  :Bring It On:  :clapping2:  :clapping2:  :clapping2:  :air_kiss:  :air_kiss:  :air_kiss:

You know I'm cute right? I can say whatever and just get away with it! But I'm right too... always. As long as we have that understanding we are doing really well!

Yes Mr Spock! Your point is?

:Hug:  :Hug:  :Hug:  :Bring It On:  :Bring It On:  :Bring It On:  :clapping2:  :clapping2:  :clapping2:  :air_kiss:  :air_kiss:  :air_kiss:

You know I'm cute right? I can say whatever and just get away with it! But I'm right too... always. As long as we have that understanding we are doing really well!

Ain't that the truth !!!  :pardon:

Has always been so,,,,,,,,,, for some ladies,,,,,,,,,,,,,  :8)